As of January, 2012, this site is no longer being updated, due to work and health issues
Search Tools Service Report
Product Information (English,
Dutch and German)
Platform: Remote service, accessible via the Internet
Price: Contact company
- Search engine is part of suite of services that includes filtering
and text mining.
- Available as a turnkey search engine or a programmatic service.
- Spider control has option for archives, does not recheck pages.
- Spider control for front-page continuous monitoring.
- Indexes many forms of text documents.
- "Intelligent spidering" - ignores text that appears on
all pages such as navigation and copyright
- Supports NewsML - news story markup language
- Works with existing metadata, thesauri and taxonomies
- Optional "scrambler" module for secure transmission
- Can use the Internet operators - (minus) to exclude pages with
this term, and "" (quotes) for phrase search.
- Subject search based on neural-network-like training
- Extracts defining search terms for each document, offers them to
user for similarity search
- Query results always put pages with all search terms first, then
pages which contain only some terms.
- One interface combines a known item search with broader subject
- Care4Cure - Dutch professional
health and medical information site.
- Trow - Dutch newspaper archive.
Page Updated 2005-05-11