As of January, 2012, this site is no longer being updated, due to work and health issues
Search Tools Service Report
S.L.I Systems Learning Search
Available as a remote search service which uses a web crawling robot
to find pages for indexing, stores the index on their server and responds
to queries by performing the search there and sending pages with results.
The technology behind SLI Systems was originally developed by GlobalBrain and powered the search on Snap.com and NBCi (still running on NBC.com).
Platform: any web-accessible server
Price: Contact company (one month free trial available)
- Local or remote robot spider locates pages by following links.
- Indexes static and
dynamic HTML, text, Microsoft Word, Excel, PDF and Flash documents
- Supports sites using
- Generates titles for untitled pages.
- Metasearch option to query several sources and combine results.
- Works with its own index or indexes from Verity, Ultraseek, Microsoft
Index Server, Lotus Notes.
- Can interface with other databases.
- Results can show database or field content, such as price and pictures,
- Results items show match terms in context
- Learning search - adjusts search results relevance based
on user behavior, by tracking clicks.
- Search suggestions - alternate vocabulary for related topics, spelling
- XML search results available for complex customizations such as
price, categories and pictures.
- Scalable to millions of searches per day, millions of documents
(tested at NBCi)
- Multiple datacenters and network providers
- Comes with search
analytics - activity, quality metrics, lists of queries with poor results.
- Regular reports written
by company search analysts.
Reviews & Articles
Page Modified 2004-09-08