As of January, 2012, this site is no longer being updated, due to work and health issues
Search Tools Product Report
Note: this is not a Ruby ri search function
Price:Free for noncommercial use, $10 shareware for PHP version, $50-$500
for RiSearch Pro (1,000 to 100,000 files)
Platform: Perl 5 & PHP.
- Perl scripts designed for flexibility.
- Scales from hundreds to thousands of pages.
- Spider can index external servers.
- Local file server indexing.
- Pro version supports incremental indexing.
- Indexes text and HTML files
Can index PDF, Microsoft Word, and PostScript.
- Can exclude by directory or file name.
- Can be customized for different languages (author is Russian.)
- Uses its own index file format, does not require external libraries or database systems.
- Index files can be moved among servers.
- Fast search even for very large sites.
- By default, finds documents which match all search words, or parts of words.
Supports Boolean OR, and Internet Query Operators: + for required words, - for excluded words.
- Pro: spellchecker
- Pro: phrase search, fuzzy search, field search
- Pro: Zone filters based on host URLs and directory paths.
- User-configurable list of stopwords.
- Results ranked by relevance, file size or date
Results items include match words in context
- Pro: can view HTML cached copy with
- Templates define search results page layouts.
- PHP frontend.
Page Modified: 2007-05-04