Search Tools Product Report
Name comes from "open retrieval engine"
Platform: middleware on Windows NT, 2000; Unix Linux, Solaris, HP/UX
Price: contact company
Designed for Knowledge Management, e-commerce and complex
customer support applications.
Uses Natural-Language Processing when possible to identify
questions and structure queries
- Can integrate with databases, file systems, Lotus Notes, OpenText LiveLink,
- Spider can index text by following links.
- Mainly Java and XML, with some features available in C++, C DLL and Java
- Includes a spellchecker, recommender and profiler, Topic Map engine also
- Search interface includes an interactive dialog with the end user.
Articles & Reviews
search engines get smarter eWEEK; October 27 2000 by Grant DuBois
Short description of two search engines (Mercado IntuiFind
and empolis orenge
) which work with e-commerce catalogs to provide
better results for searches.
Date Modified: 2002-06-24