As of January, 2012, this site is no longer being updated, due to work and health issues
Search Tools Product Report
Nav4 from Think Tank 23
Platform: Windows XP and 2000, Unix:
Linux 2.4x, Solaris to come
Price: $8,995 per server, additional file formats $500 each
Note: this is the successor to FizzyLab.
- Standalone indexer/search engine or integrated with existing search
engine as "patch kit".
- Also available as an SDK.
- Special features are automated recommendations and related documents: "contextual
- Designed to avoid the need for manual taxonomies.
- Multiple collections each with their own rules for indexing.
- Robot spider for multiple sites, with scheduling, include/exclude
- File system indexing for local or server mounted disks.
- Handles HTML, XML, PDF, text, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
support for MS Works modules, RTF, ClarisWorks, WordPerfect and PostScript
are $500 each.
- Duplicate detection and elimination.
- Automatic identification of document key themes using natural-language
- Query supports keywords, quotes, Boolean operators, parenthetical
- Special query features include codes for fuzzy matching, proximity,
weighting and special characters.
- Queries and results in HTML, SSI or RSS formats.
- Search results show sources, titles, URLs, text extracted from
top of page, links to filters.
- Results page layout, graphics, and fields are very configurable.
- Founded in 1997, consulting on knowledge management and retrieval,
- WayPath automatic
web log linking with search and related topics.
Page Created 2002-12-09