Search Tools Product Report
Product Information - Unix
Product Information - Windows
Platform: Unix: RedHat Linux, Debian GNU/Linux, NetBSD; Windows 95,
98, NT and 2000; OS/2
Price: free open source in C and Perl, licensed under the GPL
- Japanese search engine as a CGI using Perl
- command-line driven, you have to do a "make install"
- indexes local files only (no robot), requires wget or another package to
index remote files
- indexes text files, email messages, usenet netnews postings, mhonarc archives,
compressed files such as gzip, Microsoft Word, PDF, RFC and TeX formats.
- Mail format support, used with mharc
- Windows version also includes filters for Ichitaro (JSTXT), Excel and PowerPoint.
- Morphological analyses include ChaSen and KAKASI
(for Japanese/Romanji conversion, and more)
- supports grep (regular expressions).
- Boolean operators include AND, OR, NOT, parentheses, phrases and substring
- field searching for subject, from and message-id (for email and news documents).
- Japanese phrases are forced to be segmented into morphemes automatically
and are handled them as phrase searching.
- Alphabet, numbers or a part of symbols (duplicated in ASCII) characters
which defined in JIS X 0208 (Japanese Industrial Standards) are handled as