As of January, 2012, this site is no longer being updated, due to work and health issues
Search Tools Product Reports
Platforms: Windows NT (for local server); any Internet-accessible site
(for remote server)
Price (Service per month): 1 - 1,000 pages: $450; for more pages,
Price (Product): 1 - 1,000 pages: $6,200; for more pages contact
- October 2002: security
- New version removes a vulnerability which displayed content of files
in cgi directory.
- Version 4.4, March 2002
- Unicode text storage
- Support for 25 more languages, default pages for Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese,
Chinese (traditional & simplified), Korean, Russian; configurable
for Albanian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Esperanto, Estonian, Greek,
Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Polish, Romanian, Serbian,
Slovak, Slovenian, Thai, and Vietnamese.
- User Authentication with Microsoft Content Management Server using ASP
/ Active X, will only display results the end-user is allowed to see.
- Search Headers: show graphics and text for specified search terms.
- Indexes text in Macromedia Flash files.
- Additional relevance ranking control.
- Site-specific icons, such as lock image for password-protected areas.
- Powerful application that handles up to several hundred thousand pages
- Granular indexing control, including per-host settings, user name and password,
and form button links.
- GrabMap shows the structure of the site as indexed
- Indexing and searching PDF and Microsoft Office (Excel, Microsoft Word,
PowerPoint) files, Lotus Notes and Vignette, close integration with Microsoft
Content Management Server
- Recognizes text and displays search pages in 12 European languages: English,
French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian,
Icelandic and Finnish.
- Stemming based on linguistic algorithms for each language.
- Any/All/phrase searching, wildcard support in queries (left truncation)
- Phonetic (sound-alike) matching for typing and spelling mistakes
- Synonym search, and BehaviorMatch shows suggested alternative terms (synonyms)
- Options to specify recommended pages or jump to the main page from the query.
- Displays results organized into categories, allows searching within categories
- Opens pages from results list in in frame context
- Recommended page rankings using a special meta tag.
- Can emphasize recent documents, which are often the most useful
- Highlighting search terms in pages opened from results listings.
- SearchNames skips search results and goes directly to a specific page.
- Optional XML output format.
- Helpful search log reports such as top queries in recent time periods.
Articles and Reviews
Search This Site
Page Updated 2005-11-28