As of January, 2012, this site is no longer being updated, due to work and health issues
Search Tools Product Report
Price: Starts at $150 per user, with decreasing per-user costs for larger installations.
Platform: Sun OS, Unix, AIX, RedHat Linux, Windows 2000; also offered as a remote seach service.
In June 2005, Triplehop Technologies, Inc. was acquired by Oracle. Support
continues for TripleHop MatchPoint customers; a migration path may be in store
as Oracle integrates Triplehop's technology into its own enterprise search
- Designed for enterprise intranets, complex research problems.
- Robot crawler follows links to discover pages.
- Able to gather fileshare and personal workstation files.
- Offers options to discard forms and other unimportant file types.
- Detects duplicate documents and records.
- Near-realtime incremental indexing.
- Indexes over 200 document formats including MS Office, PDF, and TXT files.
- Indexes text from multimedia video and audio files with add-on.
- Distributed architecture for scalability to terabytes.
- Supports exact phrase searching, wild cards, proximity, parentheses, Boolean search, stemming, and fuzzy searches.
- Supports metadata and parametric searching (including on Lotus Notes.)
- Search-By-Concept feature finds synonyms and related terms.
- Admin tool provides interface for customizing results pages.
- Results can be clustered by topic, concept, date, format, source, and language.
- Faceted metadata results interface.
- Context summaries and search term, phrase, and/or concept highlighting.
- Spellchecker, search within results, and "more like this" functionality.
Articles & Reviews
- Find.com Beta - Beta search engine for business users.
- Ski Europe - Ski and travel site which uses Matchpoint technology for its SkiMatcher feature.
- TripMatcher Demo - Triplehop's demonstration of their travel-specific matching technology.
- ShopMatcher Demo - Triplehop's demonstration of their retail-specific matching technology.
Page Modified: 2005-09-15
Search Tools Consulting's principal analyst, Avi Rappoport, may be available to help you with selection, indexing and search log analysis, as well as relevance evaluation, user experience testing, and functional search engine work. Please contact us for more information.