Search Tools Product Report
InteractiveTools Search Engine
Platform: Perl for Unix and Windows NT
- Easy to install and set up.
- Browser admin interface.
- Local file system indexer (no web spider crawler robot).
- Index control includes exclusion by file path, filename prefixes,
HTML document extension, text document extension.
- Default converts extended diacritical characters to English characters.
- Optional stopword "ignore list"
- Search word weight options by location in the document (title,
- Search zones set by directory, appear in a dropdown menu.
- Recognizes both Boolean operators and Internet query operators
plus (+) and minus (-).
- Matches on the beginning of each word "bar" matches "Barnegat".
- Search Form generator for simple, advanced, zone (category) search.
- Results show matched words in context.
- Search results template easy to customize and match local site
- Search reports show the top 100 seaches, to 100 "no match"
searches, as well as the most recent successful and unsuccessful searches.
Page Created 2002-06-27