Search Tools Remote Search Service Report
Disclosure: SearchTools.com will get an affiliate fee if you sign up for this
service using this link.
Platform: any Internet-accessible site
Price: free with ads up to 250 pages; 500 pages, more reports, no ads
& weekly updates: $20 per month; 1,500 pages & more updates: $60 per
month; 5,000 pages and phone support: $200 per month; higher page counts available.
- Custom page ranking interface allows search admins to add weight to certain
pages to create manual recommendations for specific search queries or all
searches. (Paid versions only)
- Can handle multiple sites to generate a topical portal.
Indexing robot spider, can control spider speed.
Paid version can index and search PDF (Adobe Acrobat)
files, Macromedia Flash, Microsoft Word, and Excel .
- Indexes pages protected by passwords using HTTP Basic Authentication
- Indexes via HTTPS (authenticated access using SSL).
- Can crawl sites using cookies, session states, or HTML forms.
- Can exclude unwanted sections of sites from indexing.
- Supports multiple character sets including Latin, Cyrillic, Arabic, Greek,
Hebrew and Turkish (ISO 8859).
- Index with stemming (finds plurals), optional.
- Stopword and common words removed from index (optional).
- Interface plug-ins for Macromedia Dreamweaver/Ultradev and Adobe GoLive.
- Interface elements for search forms, including radio buttons and menus.
- Multiple search form interfaces including search zones and password options.
- Internet query operators, wildcard and phrase searching.
- Option to sort search results by date.
- Hit highlighting in results.
- Multiple search results interfaces and templates, including raw XML.
- Paid versions have more results customization, including ad banner integration.
- Jump to closest anchor on long pages (try searching for topicmaps
on this site).
- Custom no-matches options (paid versions only)
- Automatic sitemap.
- Search reporting includes recent search terms, visitors, keywords, traffic.
Page Updated 2002-11-22
Search Tools Consulting's principal analyst, Avi Rappoport, may be available to help you with selection, indexing and search log analysis, as well as relevance evaluation, user experience testing, and functional search engine work. Please contact us for more information.