As of January, 2012, this site is no longer being updated, due to work and health issues
Search Tools Product Report
ES.NET 2004 (now owned by GoDaddy, was Innerprise Enterprise Search)
Warning: this product has no indication of continuing development. After frequent updates in 2005, there are no releases after February 8, 2006. The customer forums
contain numerous complaints about lack of support and further development.
Price: $499, $299 for each additional license, also offered as a remote search services starting at $19 per month.
Platform: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003. Supports Microsoft SQL Server (2000 or 2005) or MySQL v4.1 (or newer.)
- Designed for portal and multi-site search engines.
- Runs as a Windows Service; controlled through your Web browser. Can be configured via Web browser from any location.
- Robot crawler follows links to discover pages across multiple web servers.
- Scales to millions of documents on multiple servers.
Multi-threading; crawls and indexes collections concurrently. Can be set to continuously crawl and update indexed documents.
- Automated indexing and updating using built-in scheduler.
- Finds new documents to index; new documents are indexed and searchable immediately.
- Indexing can be set to sleep instead of stopping. When a new URL is added, it will automatically resume.
Supports filters to handle DOC, PDF, XLS, RTF, DWF, DWG, WMA, WMV, ID3 tags for MP3s, more.
- Supports cookies, sessions, redirect pages and dynamic Web pages.
- Proxy server supported.
- Optionally caches documents, similar to Google; cached search results provide instant results for repeat searches.
- Keyword rules allow documents to be collected based on content.
- Configurable domain rules allow control over where the spider crawls. "Friendly crawling" limits spider from requesting more than one page per minute per domain.
User defined tags using regular expressions to extract and search specific content within documents. Optionally indexes ALT and Comment tags.
- Definable maximum document size, file extensions, and domain extensions.
- Supports phrase searches with quotes and Boolean search terms.
- Supports many languages: Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Norwegian, Romanian, Spanish and Swedish.
- Search results can be sorted by relevance, date or domain.
- Customizable look and feel for search results using HTML, .NET, and SQL.
Logs crawler activity per collection. Email notifications when unexpected error occurs (i.e., SQL Server connection lost.)
- Detailed search logging, including query, count, search time, results found, more.
Articles & Reviews
Page Modified: 2007-01-23