As of January, 2012, this site is no longer being updated, due to work and health issues
Search Tools Product Report
DolphinSearch Intelligent Archive Director
Price: Dolphin Intelligent Archive Director is $1,000-$2,000 per seat per year. For more pricing information, contact company.
Platform: Appliance: propriety hardware included.
DolphinSearch offers both prepackaged and custom solutions for litigation and electronic discovery, corporate compliance, and enterprise document management and archiving.
- Uses neural networks to perform pattern and concept recognition in text.
- Designed for specific domains, especially intranets and law firms; uses training documents to adapt its capabilities.
- Does not require human editors.
- Recognizes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, PDF, and Lotus Notes files as well as HTML, text, and more.
- Dolphin Intelligent Archive Director stores documents according to corporate records retention policy; at the end of the retention period, documents are irretrievably destroyed.
- Archive Director finds and holds documents by selection criteria including concepts, keywords, and metadata. Holds can be applied proactively to future documents as well as existing ones.
- Reads data from various media, including hard disks and CDs.
- eDiscovery solution includes redaction features. Documents can be produced for review as TIFF images, PDFs, native files, or a database.
- Customers can access findings via the web.
- Hardware configures itself and does not require server space.
Articles & Reviews
- Dolphins Aid Compliance
: May 12, 2005 by
Explains the foundation of DolphinSearch's technology and its use in their ComplianSeek solution, which combines legal and financial intelligence.
- Dolphins Aid Compliance
: March 2005 by
A profile of DolphinSearch, delving into its use in electronic discovery and litigation.
- DolphinSearch's KnowledgeBox Trawls Networks
: October 17, 2000 by
Information about the company, product and distribution network, with comments from the company founders and industry analysts.
- Ride Dolphin Through Web Waters
: May 5, 2000 by
Describes the technology, with reaction from an MIT scientist who tried a demonstration version.
Page Updated: 2007-05-03
Avi Rappoport of Search Tools Consulting can help you evaluate your search engine, whether it's on a site, portal, intranet, or Enerprise.
Please contact SearchTools for more information.
This information copyright © 2000-2011 Avi Rappoport, Search Tools Consulting. Some Rights Reserved, under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Always attribute copied content to the page's full URL. Permissions beyond the scope of this license
are available upon request.