This section of our Search Engine Indexing Tests tracks whether the search indexers gather data from HTML Meta tags (according to the HTML 4.0 recommendation) and extensions such as the Dublin Core tags.
- HTML Meta Author - designed to store the page creator's name
- HTML Meta Keywords - keywords for searching
- HTML Meta Description - description (often used in search results)
- Dublin Core Identifier - document identifier
- Dublin Core Publisher - "the entity responsible for making the resource available"
- these are a subset of the DC tags, but should be representative
- Random Arbitrary Header Tag - might be used in a local metadata tagging scheme
Search Tools Consulting's principal analyst, Avi Rappoport, may be available to help you with selection, indexing and search log analysis, as well as relevance evaluation, user experience testing, and functional search engine work. Please contact us for more information.
SearchTools.com - all work copyright © 1998-2009 by Search Tools Consulting.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.