As of January, 2012, this site is no longer being updated, due to work and health issues
Testing Search Indexing Robots and Complex File Formats
This page is testing whether search indexing robots index will follow links and index text on pages which are not HTML or text, but native office or productivity file formats. For more tests, see the List of Robot Tests.
- Acrobat documents - very common, and sometimes picked up by local search engines. For information about the problems and issues with indexing PDF, see the SearchTools Report on searching PDFs .
- PostScript .ps document
- Rich Text Format .rtf (RTF) interchange format document
- Microsoft Word .doc document, including tests in footers and properties
- Microsoft Word .docx document
- WordPerfect .wdp document (also Mac format)
- Microsoft Excel .xls document, including text in properties.
- Microsoft PowerPoint .ppt presentation, not exported to HTML.
Page Updated: 2011-08-01