As of January, 2012, this site is no longer being updated, due to work and health issues
SearchTools.com: Related Topics
See also: Intranet Search Engines page
- Knowledge Management World (KMWorld)
- CIO Magazine - Knowledge
Management Research Center
- Intelligent Knowledge Management site
(part of Intelligent Enterprise magazine).
- Interesting analyses of knowledge-management and related topics.
- JOHO - The Journal of the Hyperlinked
- Commentary with a critical perspective on the Web's effect on organizations,
including Knowledge Management.
- Open Directory
Knowledge Management Listings
- Gilbane Report
- Newsletter and subscriber reports on Content Management and Information
- Knowledge Access
- MIT Project Oxygen
- Research projects at the MIT Artificial Intelligence lab present innovative
approaches to personalized, collaborative and communal knowledge access.
Starts from the individual and works out, rather than the traditional KM
approach of storing en masse. Aspects include how the storing and representing
data as objects and arcs of related objects, automated ways of acquiring
and accessing data, human annotation, user pattern recognition and other
interactions. Current projects include a natural-language question answering
system, a personal information manager and work with the W3C's Semantic
- Splitting Hair in the Knowledge Age KMWorld Enterprise Knowledge Management White Paper, November/December 2005 by Andy Moore (registration required)
- Realistic overview of the state of knowledge management, with clear explanations of its limits as well as benefits. Critical truths by the publisher of KMWorld Magazine.
Edge of Knowledge Management Software c|net Enterprise Business,
mid-2001 by the Hurwit Group
- New trends include automatic information categorization (see our report
on classification technology) and "people-centric
Information Overload: Knowledge management software helps you find the most
relevant, most useful data. CFO; March 2001 by Alix Nyberg
- Describes innovative KM project at Ericsson based on "communities
of practice" and a searchable answer database from Organik. Quotes
John Seely Brown on how technology should follow, rather than lead, practice.
Covers various projects designed to improve search engines such as Groupfire,
Inxight and ClearForest. Mentions UIE
research that indicates actual page download speed is less important than
Scan and Serve: Newly upgraded document management programs help you better
use and store information PC Magazine, February 5, 1999 by David
- Describes how ISYS:image, Recollect Enterprise
Courier and ZyImage products work with
scanners to convert paper documents to digital form and search the results.
Bits for Drilling Tools PCWeek Online, February 1, 1999 by John
- Information on new software from PC Docs/Fulcrum, Lotus and Powerize.
- Document Management
System Search Techniques: the More, the Merrier Archive Planning,
v.2, n.6 1998 by Steve Gilheany
- Describes the search requirements for document and knowledge management
no one wants knowledge management Computerworld, December 7, 1998
by Michael Schrage
- Looking over the last few years, the author argues that knowledge management
is a technology looking for a market, while corporations expect their managers
to just do it. Apparently, corporations don't feel that the benefits of
knowledge management will repay the investment.
scrambles for knowledge-management solution InfoWorld Electric, Nov
20, 1998 , by Cara Cunningham and Bob Trott
- Microsoft, recognizing the market for knowledge management, does not have
a turnkey system at this time. It is combining standard BackOffice software
with third-party products for an integrated solution, for example, adding
Lotus Notes database access features to SiteSearch. The new Microsoft Knowledge
Management group expects to have a plan next year.
moves to converge knowledge management and collaborative computing
PC Week Online, June 23, 1998 by Christy Walker
- Describes the Lotus plan to add searching (Domino
Extended Search), data mining, middleware "preference engine"
for customizing search results, and updated conferencing and discussion
tools. Lotus will be integrating their acquisitions: DataBeam Conference
Server and Ubique VirtualPlaces, into Notes and working with business partners
for additional knowledge management features.
Management: Great Concept... But What Is It? -- InformationWeek Labs and
Doculabs examine five products that try to help companies turn an abstraction
into a reality March 16, 1998, TechWeb News, by Jeff Angus of InformationWeek
Labs, and Jeetu Patel and Jennifer Harty of Doculabs
- Good, thoughtful and critical overview of the concepts and tools of knowledge
management. Reviews of Wincite 5.0, Intraspect 1.5 (which includes the Verity
search engine), ChannelManager 2.0 (beta), BackWeb 4.0, KnowledgeX 1.0.
- Knowledge Management' Packages Focus on Search Tools (IntranetWorld,
March 2, 1998, by Judy DeMocker)
- Describes how several software packages are analyzing individual search
patterns to better locate and display results. Mentions packages from Autonomy,
Magic Solutions and OpenText.
Management: Ready For Action Sm@art Reseller Online, February 13,
1998, by John More.
- Industry analysis of the opportunities in the reseller market for knowledge
management solutions. Mentions specific companies, with quotes from some
of their executives.
- Getting the
most from data PC Week, February 23, 1998 by Christy Walker and Jim
- Describes the knowledge management systems, including search engines.
Mentions BRS/Search (Dataware), Autonomy and
Management -- Knowing What We Know InformationWeek, October 20, 1997
by Justin Hibbard
- Excellent overview of how companies hope to use knowledge management to
tap the collective understanding of employees, in order to improve business
innovation. Includes definitions, background information, a skeptical alternative
viewpoint from the Gartner Group, along with industry information and surveys.
Sidebar gives seven steps to implementing knowledge management (from Anderson
Consulting). Describes use of these tools and approaches at Columbia/HCA,
Answerthink Consulting Group, Dow Chemical, Amoco, Monsanto
Knowledge Management Tools
- Verano Illuminar
a corporate knowledge management package that adds metadata and access
controls to business documents of various kinds.
luster in its meta data, Infoworld Electric, November 30, 1998,
by Chad Hammond
Review praises the basic application, especially ease of installation
and meta data tag control, criticizes rough edges and high price.
- Net document
management is in the cards for Plumtree PCWeek Review, April 22, 1998
by Jim Rapoza
Describes the Plumtree Server for managing data from Web pages, databases
and email, using a card catalog metaphor. It maps properties to specific fields,
such as subject and author, in each file, allowing users to search on these
fields. Filters and add-on programs help to sort and catalog data. The server
can push information automatically by web page or email.
Page Updated 2005-12-15