As of January, 2012, this site is no longer being updated, due to work and health issues
Research on searching multi-lingual resources, providing some sort of translation of search terms to find documents that are not in the original language.
- IRTools: An Environment for Multilingual Information Retrieval Experiments
- Cross-Language Evaluation Forum - the new nexus for research and evaluation of cross-language search technology. Takes up the TREC cross-language track. Testing for the 2001 project will be in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch and Japanese; other languages may include Finnish, Greek, Russian and Swedish.
- Cross-Language Information Retrieval Resources Excellent starting point.
- Cross-Language Information Retrieval G. Grefenstette, Kluwer Academic Publishing, March 1998, ISBN: 079238122x, $114
- Cross Language Information Retrieval - English / Russian / French Marjorie M.K. Hlava, Gerold Belonogov, Boris Kuznetsov, Richard Hainebach: presentation at the American Association for Artificial Intelligence, March 1997.
Describes three systems for multilingual search, each of which uses a knowledge base of compatible "word units" in each language pair, with weighting based on subject (for example, "plasma" in medicine vs. "plasma" in physics). Covers the algorithms used for each system and further development plans.
- TREC Conference Publications order information Proceedings of these conferences cover sessions on practical testing of cross-language information retrieval theories.
|Home||Guide||Tools Listing||News||Background||Search||About Us|
SearchTools.com - Copyright © 2001-2009 Search Tools Consulting.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.